Thursday, July 14, 2011

Just a day, just an ordinary day

  • GLIMRs (Good, Lighthearted, Interesting, Meritable Reports) in my mailbox
  • Conversations with experienced teachers and future teachers and wanna-be teachers
  • Sheep hearts
  • Sickle cell blood smears under the microscope
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oax3cUFsBSw
  • GATTACA movie clip
  • Seventh graders who ask me about porphyria
  • Jazzercise
  • Nail polish and face masks
  • Eighth graders who want me to explain action potentials over dinner
  • My manicured male students
  • Twenty sets of eyes on me in various states of confusion, curiosity, enthusiasm, and understanding
  • The phrase "I'm confused. Can you explain this part again?"
  • The phrase "Ohhhh... I think I actually get it!"
  • White boards covered in big words and diagrams in my handwriting
  • $40 dinner coupons
  • Hong Kong-style milk tea with breakfast and dinner
  • Freedom from cell phones
  • Staff pranks
  • Staff hangouts in the health office
  • Venting parties in the TA lounge
  • Circuit analogies for cardiovascular physiology
  • The beginnings of boy-girl interaction in a class of 13-year-olds
  • Feeling drained but satisfied at bedtime

No comments:

Post a Comment